Installing Cakephp 3 Manually Without Composer
You need minimum requirements to install CakePHP 3 and CakePHP 3 zip ( fresh copy of Cakephp 3 ).
You can download CakePHP 3 zip from github.
- HTTP Server. For example: Apache. Having mod_rewrite is preferred,but by no means required.
- PHP 5.4.16 or greater.
- mbstring extension
- intl extension
- MySQL (5.1.10 or greater)(Recommended)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or higher)
- SQLite 3
Download zip file and unzip where you wanted to install it.
Database Setting :
1. Open app.php file from config folder.
2. Find Datasources array in file.
'Datasources' => [
'default' => [
'className' => 'Cake\Database\Connection',
'driver' => 'Cake\Database\Driver\Mysql',
'persistent' => false,
'host' => 'localhost',
* CakePHP will use the default DB port based on the driver selected
* MySQL on MAMP uses port 8889, MAMP users will want to uncomment
* the following line and set the port accordingly
//'port' => 'non_standard_port_number',
'username' => 'root',
'password' => '',
'database' => 'myDatabase',
'encoding' => 'utf8',
'timezone' => 'UTC',
'flags' => ,
'cacheMetadata' => true,
'log' => false,
* Set identifier quoting to true if you are using reserved words or
* special characters in your table or column names. Enabling this
* setting will result in queries built using the Query Builder having
* identifiers quoted when creating SQL. It should be noted that this
* decreases performance because each query needs to be traversed and
* manipulated before being executed.
'quoteIdentifiers' => false,
* During development, if using MySQL < 5.6, uncommenting the
* following line could boost the speed at which schema metadata is
* fetched from the database. It can also be set directly with the
* mysql configuration directive 'innodb_stats_on_metadata = 0'
* which is the recommended value in production environments
//'init' => ['SET GLOBAL innodb_stats_on_metadata = 0'],
'url' => env('DATABASE_URL', null),
3. Change database name, username, password.
4. Run your project with http://localhost/your_project_folder/ url.